You know you are destined for amazing things, and have a vision of success in your future. But how do you get there? How do you reach your greatest and highest good? The process of transforming yourself and learning to grow are the cornerstones on this path to self-discovery.
Here are five tips to get you started on becoming the person you were always meant to be:
1. Don’t be afraid to try new things. Being comfortable and complacent is a dead-end to self-growth. When you’re afraid of change, you stop growing which puts an end to self-discovery. Try something new and unexpected! Try a new hobby or sport. Is there something you always wanted to do? Skydiving? Photography? Shoot a bow and arrow? Go ahead and push beyond your comfort zone. When you try something new, you learn something new about who you are…and that’s the start of becoming your best self.
2. Pursue your passions. What are your dreams? What goals have you wanted to achieve, more than anything? What really lights you up? Asking these and similar questions can be helpful in learning about the person you want to be and your purpose in life. It may be hard to figure out at first, and you may have to do some trial and error to discover what you like. Pursuing your dreams will help spark creative interest and motivation. Your passions, goals and dreams can change over time, which is totally okay and part of the process. Flexibility is the name of the game as long as you’re going after the dreams YOU have always wanted, and not someone else’s expectations of you.
3. Use self-discipline to keep up the motivation. No one has constant motivation 24/7 to be extraordinary. Some days we just don’t feel like being awesome—and that’s okay. However, this is also why we need self-discipline to outline a schedule and stick to it when motivation runs low. Pulling in outside motivation such as listening to motivational TED talks, reading books, writing down goals or making a vision board and posting it where you will see it often is tremendously helpful in giving you the added pep you need.
4. Develop good habits to build upon. We’re all creatures of habit. Developing great habits will make it that much easier to continue down the path toward your highest good should you lose motivation, or aren’t feeling like yourself. It will also build your self-confidence to know you can do anything you put your mind to it. For instance, if you want to write a book, a great habit could be writing for 30-minutes each day, no matter how you feel that day.
5. Keep up with self-care. If you want to be the best version of yourself, you must also include self-care practices in your routine. Self-care includes caring for your body by eating nutritional meals and sleeping 8-hours a night and engaging in activities that help you keep stress to a minimum such as a massage, meditation or journaling. Taking care of your body and keeping stress to a minimum works wonders on your mind as well. Your mental health needs to be in tip-top shape in order to become your best self.
Schedule Your 30-Minute Talk with Teri...Completely FREE!
I know what it takes to help you get out of your comfort zone and take strides toward reaching your greatest and highest good. In our 30-minutes together, we’ll zero in on what might be holding you back and I’ll give you tools to reset your default so you can truly know that everything you want is within reach. Schedule your free Talk With Teri now!