So, you have your own business and things are generally good, but something is holding you back from really making it big. For some reason you aren’t getting it to that next level—even though you know you’re capable! Maybe it’s the fear of failure, or the overwhelming mountain of work keeping you working “in” the business rather than “on” it, or just the uncertainty of not knowing the next steps. Whatever the reason, there’s no better time than the New Year to get serious about your business!
Here are 10 tips to help propel your business to the next level:
1. Review your customer market and their needs. Sometimes, as businesses scale, their customer and prospect needs get lost, and the focus becomes solely on profit. Make sure you’re still meeting the expectations and needs of your clients, and providing great value.
2. Have short and long-term targets for the next two years. Write down those business goals you’d like to achieve in the next two years—some short-term over the next 6-months, and some achievable, longer-term goals you could accomplish within the next two years. This will keep you focused on the big picture of what you want to accomplish. Sometimes it’s hard to notice the great progress being made. So I use my Daily Intentions Planner to set daily and long-term goals, and track my progress along the way to notice how far I’ve come!
3. Provide excellent customer service. Customers want to feel valued and special; if you make each of them feel like they are the only customer you have ever had, they will be the best sales people for your company. They will tell others about you and their third -party endorsement is better than any paid advertising!
4. Network. Attend networking events and make connections and new friend. Invite people to try your company’s service, or if you have a tangible product, give people a sample. When you meet folks who have a product or service complimentary to your own, engage in conversations about a potential referral partnership to send prospects or clients to one another. Referral partnerships can be very powerful!
5. Hire a social media manager. Social media is becoming one of the greatest means of branding and visibility. Though it’s free, if you don’t manage your social platforms efficiently, your company could look flat and fall behind your competition. If you have to, hire someone who knows what they are doing to help you out! No sense in wasting time online.
6. Know your competition. What are your competitors providing that you aren’t? What can you do better? What are you doing well at that you can fine-tune even more? What’s not working for them that you can do deliver differently or drop all together? Keeping a bit of an eye on your competitors can help you strategize next steps for your own company.
7. Offer more value to your customers. What can you provide your customers to add value to what they’ve already hired or paid you for? Delivering more value than your customer paid for goes a long way toward establishing loyalty to you and your service or product and makes you stand out in an already crowded marketplace.
8. Create a loyalty program. Is there a way to reward customers who are loyal to you? Can you create a membership program and deliver products or services to members at a discount? Some folks buy more product, more often when they know they’ll get perks along the way.
9. Have a solid sales and marketing plan. Sales is the lifeblood of your business and a solid sales and marketing plan will keep revenue coming in. You won’t do what you don’t enjoy so hire outside sales support if necessary. In the end, you’ll want to make sure your marketing efforts are in support of your sales efforts, and that both sales and marketing efforts are in support of your branding efforts!
10. Try new “outside the box” initiatives. Sometimes you may need to try something new that you aren’t quite sure about—but don’t let fear stop you from exploring new strategies and opportunities. Some of your grand ideas might fail, but some might be massively successful too. Thomas Edison held over 1,500 U.S. patents, but six of his inventions changed the world!
These are some tips to help you get started, but keep in mind (this is a BIG one): not even the best strategies will work if YOU are the one thing standing in the way of your own success. If you feel you might be self-sabotaging and limiting yourself, consider attending my upcoming UNLOCK Live one-day event on Saturday, February 8th in Denver! Along with like-minded business owners and entrepreneurs, you will gain the skills and knowledge you need to break past your self-limiting beliefs and allow yourself to finally experience the success you’ve worked so hard for!
Get Tickets to UNLOCK Live Today!
Are you unsure about the next steps to unlocking your business potential? Attend UNLOCK Live to unravel fears and learn the tools to attract more into your business and personal life! Through 1/24/20 tickets are only $67—thats’ a $58 discount! Buy now to get your tickets at the lowest possible price!