So often it feels like there is something standing between us and our goals. And so often there is: ourselves. Most of the time we don’t even realize it, but our own limiting beliefs hold us back, keeping us shackled to mediocre, ho-hum lives.
But every individual—no matter how successful or unfortunate, how wealthy or poor, how old or young—is capable of overcoming these limiting beliefs and allowing themselves to step into their true power and realize their full potential.
Talking with Teri’s own Teri Karjala was recently featured as the Writer of the Week by Universal By Design. In her interview, Teri talks about how she had to overcome some pretty big mental roadblocks—roadblocks she unknowingly set for herself. Her new book, Be the Magic of You: Tools to Transform Your Life speaks to that topic and provides readers with concrete actions and tools to begin identifying which limiting beliefs are holding them back, and how to overcome them.
Watch Teri’s interview here:
We all stand in our own way… in our own way. But there are a few simple practices that can help us overcome limiting beliefs—whatever they may be.
1. Expand outside your comfort zone: Nothing extraordinary ever happens when you play it safe. Start practicing spontaneity. Identify your fears—and then learn about them. What is the worst that could happen? Believe in yourself and surround yourself with people who believe in themselves… and in you. Change your routine, get crazy and go sock-shoe-sock-shoe this week! Create your bucket list. Ask yourself, What happens if this works out better than I ever imagined it would? Then let it.
2. Create a “rock star” team: Surround yourself with people who support your dreams and believe in you, even when you may not believe in yourself. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Distance yourself from negative people, energy-drainers, toxic people, and those who may not want you to succeed. Thank the members of your team, and express gratitude for them.
3. Embrace gratitude. Speaking of gratitude… keep a gratitude journal and write in it daily. Send thank you notes, even for little things. Be on the lookout for the silver lining—it’s always there! Ask yourself, How much better can it get?
4. Celebrate. Celebrate yourself every day. Find something—a major or minor success, a hidden talent, a good deed, anything!—to celebrate and honor at the end of each day. Remember, you’re a 10 out of 10 and you deserve to be celebrated as such!
5. Take inspired action. What is your goal? Where do you want to be in a few months, in a year, in five years? Map out your short- and long-term goals using one of Teri’s Daily Intentions Planners and start breaking your goals down into small, measurable actions to which you can hold yourself accountable.
Once we overcome the limiting beliefs holding us back, we give ourselves permission to be amazing, extraordinary, magical. Teri’s book provides concrete exercises and practical tools to remove physical, mental and spiritual blocks to our own success.
Be the Magic of You
Get all of the tools to transform your life from mediocre to magnificent. Check out Teri’s book, Be the Magic of You: Tools to Transform Your Life, now available for sale online.
Hire Teri to Speak
Motivating and empowering staff or members of your team to break through their own barriers can reap huge dividends, not only for them, but also for you and your organization. To learn more about hiring Teri to speak at your office, event or off-site retreat, just complete the brief form below and we’ll get in touch with you to set something up!