When you’re sick, you go to the doctor. When you want to get in shape, you hire a personal trainer. There are so many facets of our lives where we know it’s best to seek professional help. However, in matters of living our life to the fullest and reaching our personal and professional potential, why don’t we think to hire a professional?
Call it life coaching. Call it transitions coaching. Call it executive coaching, wellness coaching…call it what you want. The keyword is “coaching,” and the bottom line is it can help anyone overcome obstacles in their lives. Over the years, I’ve both been coached by coaches and I have coached others. I would not be where I am today without investing in the guidance of my coaches and support of my network. And I’ve helped other women get to where they want to be through my coaching programs.
Here are 6 ways you can benefit from working with a coach:
1. Clarify your life goals. Do you feel like you have goals, but aren’t getting there and you don’t know why? A coach will help you figure out a path and guide you along the way. Your coach will help you gain clarity on how to achieve what you set out to do.
2. Gain and improve confidence. A good coach will help you realize your true potential and worth. Your coach will help you set standards for yourself, and give you the confidence to know your worth and truly succeed.
3. Follow-through. Your coach will help you with following through during periods of doubt. Getting to your life goals requires a lot of support, and your coach will be there to cheer you on and guide you at every step of the way. He or she will give you the support you need, particularly in times when a decision or pivot you need to make takes you in a different direction.
4. Overcome obstacles and fears. There will always be obstacles in the way of anything worth trying for, and your coach will give you tools to help you face those fears and challenges.
5. Accountability. When times get tough, it’s always easier to bail out than forge forward. However, your coach will be there to hold your accountable, cheer you on, and keep you moving steadily down the path of success!
6. Getting after goals. You will need a plan for how to reach your goals—and sometimes that can be overwhelming. Your coach will help you formulate a plan on the best way to get after it!
Just like hiring a personal trainer who will be there to hold you accountable to your workouts, your coach will be there to support you on your journey towards your life goals! Your coach will be the cheerleader at your side, through the blood, sweat and tears of all the obstacles you will undoubtedly face. The path to your dreams will be difficult at times, and having someone in your corner—someone who can help you—can be a deciding factor of success.
Schedule a FREE 30-Minute Strategy Session
I would LOVE to be a part of YOUR rock star team—click the button below to schedule a complimentary 30-Minute Talk With Teri and together we’ll decide whether coaching with me will kick-start positive change in your life!