Do you ever wonder what’s stopping you from achieving your goals? Is there a big promotion you want at work? Do you want to run your first half-marathon? Start your own business?
We’re all capable of achieving our dreams, but we just don’t know how to focus on the journey. For myself, when I tackle a new project, I sometimes have doubts about how I’ll go about it. But how I turn my doubts into action is what helps me succeed!
Sometimes you have to look fear in the eye and dig deep within yourself to find the inner extraordinaire that you are!
Here are tips to help you get after your goals and achieve the life you’ve always wanted!
1. Focus on the journey, not destination. You’ve heard it before. Enjoy the process, not the results. Focus on the commitment you made, not on your daily motivation. Motivation is fleeting but remembering the commitment you made to your goal is permanent.
2. Have fun with the process. The process can be as fun as you want it to be. It’s all about your attitude and mental fortitude toward the process.
3. Realize there are no failures. There are lessons to be learned from mistakes. Look for the lesson and move on.
4. Stay positive and challenge negativity. When you have doubts, ask how the negativity is impacting your motivation and commitment. Then list all the positive things going on and the baby steps you’re taking toward your target.
5. Face your fears. Everyone is afraid when facing the risk of failure, but there is no reward without facing those fears head on.
6. Prioritize and do what’s most important to you. Getting after your goals means you have to manage time efficiently so your goals are on the top of your list.
7. Surround yourself with positive people. Positive people lift up and support you while negative people push you down and further away from what you want.
8. Plan ahead. Having a plan in advance can help you visualize the long-term schedule for how you want to reach to your final destination. For instance, if your goal is to run a half-marathon, you’ll want to plan out your long practice runs so to be sure you get enough distance in before the big day.
9. Be grateful. Remember your worst day is probably someone else’s best day. The grass is always greener where you water it.
10. Stay healthy. A healthy body is a healthy mind. Eat well, exercise daily and sleep enough hours to make sure your mind and body function well together.
In my book, Be the Magic of You: Tools to Transform Your Life, I talk about how you are in control of your own happiness—you just have to believe in yourself, get out of your own way, and start your journey…one day at a time. The minute you accept that you are responsible for your happiness and commit to taking inspired action, you’ll be able to achieve the extraordinary life that is waiting for you!
Schedule Your FREE Talk with Teri!
I would love to be a member of your rock start support team on your journey toward magnificence. Schedule a free 30-Minute Talk With Teri and together we’ll identify and clear the blocks getting in your way and you’ll walk away with tools to support you in reaching your goals. Talk to you soon!!