The New Year is right around the corner and it’s time to start really thinking about your 2020 goals. What do you want to do differently this year? How are you going to get after it? Maybe you know what you want to do, but aren’t sure how to go about getting there.
Honestly, I’m not a fan of the New Year’s Resolution. It’s important people know they can “resolve” to do anything any time of the year. However, January 1st is as good a time as any to begin changing your life for the better.
Here are 7 tips to help you get a head start on your New Year’s Resolutions.
1. Start now. Don’t wait until January 1st to map out your goals. There’s no reason to put it off! Go ahead, start living your life the way you’ve always wanted!
2. Write down your goals. To have greater success reaching your goals, start by writing them down somewhere—whether on a blank sheet of paper, typing them into a Word document, or keeping track in your Daily Intentions Planner. Having a list visually available will help you get a clear idea of what you want to achieve. Put the list where you’ll see it every day as a reminder!
3. Be patient on change. Changing a habit takes more than a few days or months, and can sometimes even take years of incremental change! For most, change takes place slowly and gradually. The path to change is not always linear, so be tolerant of the idea that you may have setbacks. Just don’t give up!
4. Track everything. Keep a journal of your progress and track everything. For instance, if your goal is to budget your finances better, track your expenses diligently. If your goal is to run a marathon, download and app set up a running plan that tracks gradual training steps to get to your big marathon day! My clients love using their Daily Intentions Planners to breakdown goals into baby steps, document what they’re accomplishing, and make daily notes about what they’re grateful for!
5. Get accountability through social support. Diving head first into new challenges is always easier with friends! Enlist your friends or Rock Star Team to achieve goals together, or at least to hold you accountable for yours.
6. Reward yourself for hitting each target. When you hit a personal milestone, reward yourself! This will keep you motivated and moving forward, and will also give you the self-confidence you need to know you can do whatever you set out to do!
7. Hire a professional to help. Hire a coach to help you progress towards reaching your goals. He or she can guide you down the path you want to travel, and help make sure you are taking the best steps to ensure your success.
Your goals and true potential can be unlocked in the year 2020!! If you find it hard to take those first steps down the ultimate path to success, you’ll appreciate knowing about my one-day event, Unlock LIVE on February 8th, where you’ll transform your limiting beliefs and step fully into your purpose, power and potency!
Get Tickets to Unlock LIVE Today!
Give yourself the gift of transformation this holiday season!!! Super Early Bird Tickets are just $47 until 12/31. That is a $78 discount off the regular ticket price! Get all the details about the event and buy tickets now!